|Lichen planus affecting lower lip|
- CGS1: British Dental Health Foundation FAQ
- http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070918032931AAkPzDL - difference between Lichen Planus and Leukoplakia?
- http://cancerhelp.cancerresearchuk.org/trials/a-study-using-aspirin-for-pre-cancerous-white-patches-mouth-ASPOD - a study (ASPOD) by Cancer Research UK on using an aspirin mouthwash to treat pre-cancerous Leukoplakia.
- http://trialsmap.org/trial/5368 - details of ASPOD trial. RATIONALE: Aspirin mouthwash may stop the growth of tumor cells by blocking some of the enzymes needed for cell growth. PURPOSE: This phase I trial is studying the side effects and best dose of aspirin mouthwash in treating patients with oral leukoplakia.
- http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01238185?term=NCT01238185&rank=1 Objectives:-
- To determine if oral topical acetylsalicylic acid mouthwash achieves modulation of COX-1, COX-2, and prostaglandin in oral dysplasia tissues in patients with oral leukoplakia.
- To determine if this drug achieves alteration of histopathology and gene and protein expression in tissue.
- To determine if this drug achieves aspirin-induced tissue changes relating to altered tumor biology.
- To assess local and general tolerability and safety of this drug in these patients.
- http://cancerhelp.cancerresearchuk.org/type/mouth-cancer/treatment/mouth-cancer-research - Drugs to treat pre-cancerous mouth cancer - Aspirin (ASPOD trial) and Celecoxib (COX-2 inhibitor)
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leukoplakia - Leukoplakia
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lichen_planus - Lichen Planus